MAKE OUR SCHOOLS...

...SAFE!  It seems not a day goes by where there isn't something on the news about a situation at a school that is untoward.  What happened to the days where it was all "OK?"  I find myself more concerned for my 12 year old than I was at the same time for my 24 or 21 year old, even though it is only now my 21 year old tells me a girl threatened to kill her weekly and that she saw many fights that included knives.  It amazes me that she still managed to come out of high school with straight A's... Maybe my 24 year old has saved his mother from such stories or was saved from such experiences.  Whatever the case, my 12 year old and I talk often about the values that are important to him as he gets closer to entering High School.  It seemed fitting to take my own concerns on the topic and put them down on "paper" in the way I know best...as art.  Today's card is, therefore, dedicated to safety - from the most Jr. of grades to the most Sr. of grades - and that would be, as I experienced in Law School, include having an 83 year old in one's class!  So let's never stop appealing for safety OUT LOUD!! SQUISHY HUGS.



Goodies:
Paper: The Grade School (DCWV - Provo)
Stamps: Magnetic Stamp Alphabet - Rummage (Making Memories)
Ink: Black (CTMH)
Accessories:  Ribbon (Basic Grey, SU, Twine), White Gel Pen (SU), Staples (EK Success)



3 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, Samara! I love the message that you are conveying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a card! It sure catches your attention, which is what is needed with this theme. It should go to all "tweens"!
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Canada???? Ontario?????? Woot-Woot!!!!!!!!! Yey!!! Welcome to my blog my Friend, and back on you. Now i am yours follower too. Thank you so much for your super sweet comment.Your cards are unique, and i love them. And this one is really good one. You did such a wonderful job on it.Ok. Now i need to go and do some crafting. lol. Can't stay away from my craft for too long. Haha. See you later.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete

My wish for you is a great day full of laughter! Samara x