HAVE YOU HEARD OF A FELTING MACHINE?...



...WELL NOR HAD I...until I was glued to the shopping channel about 2 weeks ago.  It is about the most exciting crafting machine I have used...since my last most exciting machine purchased for my craft room!!



A FELTING MACHINE!!!  Yes, this is what I used on today's card.  It is simply magic!  First, you get a piece of felt - I cheated - I got 100% natural guilt stuffing (unbleached, processed etc.) and then lay your wool, thread, etc. on top however you like.  Literally you can just drop it down!  All kinds of colors on top of each other!!!



Then, you put your felt under these 5 barbed needles (the machine looks just like a regular sewing machine) and stitch away.  There is no thread, no needle release or peddle, no bobbins etc...just 5 needles with a guard around them.  The needles take the thread/wool and push fibres down into the felt and catch them into the micro fibres of the felt.



When you turn the felt over, after it is finished...magically, there is a colored design on the back.  The wool has literally been burnished into the felt just by going over and over it with the needles!  To today's card is my vewy vewy first time using it...and I think I'm in love!   
 


Please double click pic for details.












 









 

LOVINGLY MADE WITH:

Paper: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Copics, Distressing Sprays (Tim Holtz),  Teal and Passion Pink Classic Ink Pads (sponging) (Stampin' Up!)

Accessories Gold Stickles, Mirrors ($ Store), Birds (Maya Road), Cage (Maya Road) Unbleached Felt (Walmart), Wool (Zellers), ScorTape and Jewel Glitz Glitter.

I hope you have a really great day!  
Loving God,
Samara

No comments:

Post a Comment

My wish for you is a great day full of laughter! Samara x