PAPER PALS DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE CHALLENGE!!!


....WOW, IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN THERE YET, HOP OVER TO PAPER PAL ARTS FOR SOME DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE INSPIRATION!!!

In the GRATITUDE WAY, I'd like to start with a REFLECTION honoring the GREAT ONE (no, not Wayne Gretsky...but close!.)

God in every breath

Dear G-d, be all my love, all my hope and all my endeavor;
let my thoughts and words emanate from you, let my daily
life be lived in you, and let every breath I take be filled
with joy for you.  Amen

After St. John Cassian (c.360-435), Scythia



PICTURE FROM PAPER PAL ARTS CHALLENGE BLOG

The cards I made today were inspired by the wonderful picture above, from the PAPER PAL ARTS Challenge at http://www.paperpalarts.com/.  Yummy in the Tummy eh?  (The Chocolate I mean!!!) 


Scroll down and peek at my cards now and then come back...the description that follows will then make more sense...

I used the ribbon for two different reasons.... the Chocolate and Blue layed down Satin Ribbon to represent the elegance of the chocolate decorations, and the Satin Ribbon bow to bring out the softness of the chocolate's wrapper. We all have our own imaginations right?  The Riding Hood Red Paper (Butterfly Christmas Thank You's) was used to symbolize the razberry filling inside the chocolate (which I SO dream is in there!!)   The Chocolate paper of course, speaks for itself.  On the large card, I drew in additional swirls on the flutterby, which also has patterns to match the chocolate and blue ribbon (elegance) to represent the top of the chocolate and added tiny embossed red hearts to symbolize the giving of this chocolate for Valentine's Day.

Hey, when I used to eat chocolate...I always wanted this honkin' huge box of chocolates.  I used to tell EVERYONE!!!! Hmmmm. Whatever happened there. 

Oh, by the way, shhhhhhh!  These two cards are for my older cubs, Jordan and Ayla. I'm still making one for my young cub Taylor.  They are my Thank You cards to them for coming to the country to spend their little brother's birthday with him and their Holiday Celebrations with both of us so it could be OUR FAMILY HOLIDAY CELEBRATIONS!! Nothing better in the whole wide world!!! SQUISHY HUGS.

Please double click to magnify the card










EXTRA LOVINGLY MADE WITH (because it is for my children...)

Paper:  Stash
Ink: Stampin' Up! Purely Pomegranate (my fav!), Black Journaling Pen
Stamps:  Stash
Accessories:  Embossing Folder (Stash), Ribbon (Stash) Die Cuts (Stash) Ribbon (Stash) Scor (Stash)

Have an extra special scrappy and happy chocolatey day! (and eat one of those yummies for me!!!)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I love that bow! Very, very pretty! It was interesting to read about what each part of the card represented. Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creative interpretation of the challenge! Thanks for playing @PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Samara! Love your colors and the gorgeous satin bow! Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

My wish for you is a great day full of laughter! Samara x