Saturday, February 20, 2010 AS WE SIT IN PRE-EASTER WITH ANTICIPATION FOR OUR LOVED-ONE...


OVERCOMING SEPARATION

My God and my Lord:

eyes are at rest, the stars are setting,

hushed are the movements of birds in their nests,

of monsters in the deep.

And you are the Just who knows no change,

the Equity that does not swerve,

the Everlasting that never passes away.

The doors of kings are locked

and guarded by their henchmen.

But your door is open to those who call upon you.

My Lord, each lover is now alone with his beloved.

And I am alone with You.

Rabi'ah al-Adawiyah (c.717-801), India


Well, you can probably figure out that I used a 12" ruler as my base.  I painted it with my copics in my fav. color - passion pink.  I used the variety of colors that came with The Taylored Expressions Monthly Kit from Last March, figuring they might have some Easter colors...I was right!  Smartypants Taylor!!  I then looked for a cutie pie duck (I had to ask my son if this was a girl or boy!!!)  He told me "I was a fail!!!"  So, of course "SHE" had to also have a pink ribbon, then pink ribbons below the ribbons, tying in the letters and in the middle.  The duckie is from Stampin' Up!  The Stamps are from CTMH and I used Staz On, simply because I just re-inked it and it was nice and juicy!  Hmmm  I don't think I left anything out.







My duckie decided it wanted to go sliding!  So, I let it play for a while!!!



But then came the discipline!  (Poor duckie)


FOUNDATIONS

O God, you are my rock, my rescue, and
my refuge, I leave it all quietly to you.

George Appleton (1902 - 93) England

LOVING GOD
Samara

1 comment:

My wish for you is a great day full of laughter! Samara x