IN GOD WE TRUST....


Today, as I was driving from my Boyfriend's House, who himself was with the Military for 28 years, toward my house where I travel under many overpasses, I could not help but be filled with tears in my eyes.

Every bridge was LINED WITH CANADIAN FLAGS waiting for the FALLEN SOLDIERS that will be transported to Toronto.

One's heart is torn apart with each flag that waves in the wind, yet we feel, we believe, we hurt, with each ambulance that has stopped on the bridge with huge Canadian Flags on the back of their vehicles, Police Cars, Fire Trucks with Canadian Flags and Flashing lights, all reaching out in respect of OUR BRAVE.

But what startles me each time, is the comradery I feel to each and every one I see on those bridges - in this town...and in all towns I imagine...as the fallen soldier is "TAKEN HOME."

People wait out in the heat, flags in hand, cars are parked on the on ramps, the off ramps and each individual stands "on guard" with their flag...

WE CARE, WE LOVE YOU, WE BELIEVE IN YOU, WE HONOR YOU,  WE STAND TOGETHER...and we always will...FOR YOU.


My Lord God, give me once more the courage to hope;
merciful God, let me hope once again, fructify my barren and infertile mind.
~Soren Kierkegaard

1 comment:

  1. Your picture or video is not showing up but I agree, my DH is retired military working over in Afghanistan and I applaud all of those people who continue to give us the freedom we take so much for granted.

    ReplyDelete

My wish for you is a great day full of laughter! Samara x