SAY I AM YOU

BY MY FAVOURITE POET AND SUFI:   
RUMI

I am dust particles in sunlight.
I am the round sun.

To the bits of dust I say, Stay.
To the sun, Keep Moving.

I am morning mist
and the breathing of evening.

I am wind in the top of a grove,
and surf on the cliff.

Mast, rudder, helmsman, and keel,
I am also the coral reef they founder on.

I am a tree with a trained parrot in its branches.
Silence, thought and voice.
The musical air coming through a flute,
a spark of a stone, a flickering

in metal. Both candle,
and the moth crazy around it.

Rose, and the nightingale
lost in the fragrance.

I am all orders of being, the circling galaxy,
the evolutionary intelligence, the lift,

and the falling away.  What is,
and what isn't. You who know

Jelaluddin, You the one
in all, say who

I am. Say I
am You.

This is a poem that typifies what my Doctorate is about - Metaphysical Science in Ministry.  It also typifies my Art for today...my love of where I was raised and lived for 34 years, Toronto, an my love of where I live now, and hour and a half East of Toronto - in the Countryside in a town of 1100.  My journalling is about what I love and do not love about each - but my heart is ONE with each, as in Rumi's poem.  I am Toronto and Toronto is me.  I am Smithfield and Smithfield is me.

In Metaphysical Science this concept is broadened to the entire Universe...the concept that we are all ONE and the ONE of all of us is in each of us.  It is quite a beautiful and startling concept if you think of it because every word, action and thought I have, positive AND negative,  effects and affects my friends who live across the World in profound ways, and all the friends that I have not met. This contributes to our "intuition" in situations, or to good or yucky feelings that we sometimes just can't explain...the energy of it just may be coming from 1/2 way around the world!  What an amazing thought when it is positive.  What a horrible thought when it is a war, or hatred, or strife.  The D'alai Lama speaks to this in his Global Public Visits.

We are all uniquely and micro- connected in beautiful and profound ways.  What a beauty Nature and Humanity can be if we let it be and we work to embrace ALL parts of ourselves in loving ways - the good, the bad and the ugly - so it (they) don't get out of hand and boink another person on the head!

The greatest challenge we face.  I know I do!

I hope you've enjoyed my post for today - Please know I share all this from a place of Humility and from an ardent attempt myself to learn and relearn it all everyday.  I often go through periods of YUK times where I need  constant reminders of the things I've studied extensively so I put sticky notes "everywhere!"  Believe me, it's a trick I learned long ago and it really works!!! xox

HeArtfully Yours,
Samara





  Please click the pictures if you wish to see the intricate details of the page or tags below.  
Shalom
 xox

















33 comments:

  1. Stopping by from FMF and so glad to see your post and blog! Beautiful!! I especially like the poem and the words you wrote: "every word, action and thought I have, positive AND negative, effects and affects my friends who live across the World" how true that is and should always be in our minds. Thanks for the blessing! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pose, pages and tags!
    Lovely details!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and tags are lush. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a moving post,Samara. You write so well.It's like escaping to a completely different world reading all your thoughts. Love your masterpieces! Each one is so special and has got so much of your heart in it. The colours to me are just divine.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully said my dear and lovely art to accompany it. Inspirational post...

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post. I do like all the detail to your art.
    Have a very nice weekend
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful post all around Samara. I love the Rumi poem. Your art pages and tag are so meaningful and gorgeous.Thank you for sharing. And thank you for your sweet and thoughtful comments on my blog. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful journal pages and tags. Love the houses and colors in your journal. HPPF Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing.

    I just prayed for you.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful poem with lovely pieces to go with it. Your colour palette is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your lovely tag and beautiful poem. Thanks for playing with us this week at TTCRD.
    Please send me your e-mail and blog address to be a GDT
    Huggs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful words, and beautiful art. Thanks for sharing .... ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Samara there is many a true words spoken here and lots of inspiration.
    This is so perfect for our CARING theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Caring Hugs
    Desíre
    {Path of Positivity DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning thanks for joining us at glitter n sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  15. like all the layers and message of this page

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your detailed and delicate pages and tags. I can see that they come from deep inside-they seem to have a story to them

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing Pages and tags,very,very beautiful colors and words.

    Greetings Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fabulous Samara well done .
    Thank you for joining us for our "THROUGH THE CRAFTROOM DOOR" challenge this week and GOOD LUCK .
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is lovely...Thank you for sharing with us at Penny's, and good luck.

    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful art and beautiful words as well. Love and home are two very strong topics. I very much enjoyed reading your words and seeing your art.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Samara,
    thx for entering your Projects on our challenge blog.
    But only one entry is allowed.
    Kindly regards
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your post and artwork are just so full of inspiration...thank you for sharing both!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful background in yellow, and brilliant take on architecture challenge !
    nagaonkarshilpa.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  24. beautiful poem and gorgeous artwork! have a nice weekend!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your words, as well as the beautiful and rich earthy colors in your artwork. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very interesting reflection Samara. I love that you strive to embrace ALL ASPECTS of your self. As you say, they are a part of us--we need to recognize the darkness in an attempt to shine the light. Your art is a beautiful reflection of this ideal. Thank you so much for your continued support of Path of Positivity challenge.

    Lisa D., Owner

    ReplyDelete
  27. Each of theses pieces of art is beautiful. I love the rich amber tones of the backgrounds. I love the words on each of them. And your open is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the golden tones and intricate pattern, Beautiful work !

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the golden tones and intricate pattern, Beautiful work !

    ReplyDelete
  30. Samara these are gorgeous, the tags and the pages! Lovely colors

    ReplyDelete

My wish for you is a great day full of laughter! Samara x